Author: Jim Hesch, Customer Service
It can be quite daunting, challenging, frightening and overwhelming to pick a print partner when you have never printed before. It is common to have many questions. That is why we have developed a list of questions to ask to help make this process easier for you. Last month, we shared the first set of questions to ask in part 1. In this blog, we will address additional questions to ask.
You may not choose Nahan, but we would like to help you choose wisely.
(Also, here is a link to our FAQ’s page, which contains some useful information).
- What is your Location?
- Do you print for overseas customers?
- What is your on-time delivery percentage?
- Do you have a logistics expert and can I speak to her (him) about my freight?
Technology / Data / Security
- Can I be assured my data is secure?
- What is your programming strength?
- Can you do more than just a presort of my data and can you take advantage of all that digital equipment can do?
- What is your level of technology integration experience?
- What sort of custom integrations have you done before?
- Do you have the knowledge to build any sort of return processing, or continuity process that I might need?
- Are you a true four-color variable expert?
“Oooh, technology is the part I like. You guessed it, I am a printing geek. I’d love to tell you about some of our new things at Nahan.” Jim Hesch
We love new toys, things that go faster, do better, do more. Our new CLIDE 2.0 was purchased specifically to do the work our customer needed, (plus it is cool).
(CLIDE means custom digital imaging, it is an integrated folding gluing line that can create complicated folds with tip-ons or clean release cards with imaging / ink jet)
The quality of our new in-line ink jet on the web press is second to none, our new inserters run at blazing speeds, our new CLIDE line has incredible flexibility for self-mailers with special folds and attachments. Mike, our Warehouse Manager is especially proud of our new Semi truck. We have also invested in two new high-speed Stitchers in the last 3 years and are pursuing automation and efficiencies today as you read this.
Interested in a sample pack? We would love to send you one!
My name is Jim Hesch, head of customer service, 40 year veteran of print and never done learning…